Monday, January 7, 2013

And I was Running...

Hello. Long time no see. But here I am. Not quite sure what drew me in today, but I'm here and glad to be so. I updated this space with some pictures I took from Skyline Drive. Though I hadn't blogged in over five months at the point of that trip, I took the picture of my boots with the purpose of putting it at the top of my blog. Silly me. But I like it, just like I thought I would when I was imagining the day I would feel pulled back into this adventure of capturing my thoughts, my life in a blog.

I don't have a plan or a goal for how often I will visit. But I'm here today on our first full day back to "real life" after an extended holiday break. When I told the girls they needed to eat breakfast at 8:10 this morning, they grudgingly tromped up the steps asking, "why so early?" But after a very full day, girls in the tub as I type, I think we are all secretly glad to be back to our routine. And that may be a big reason why I find myself here. Blogging was a great part of winter last year and I think I was remembering how much I enjoyed that slice of each of my days.

So, today I can tell you I went running for the first time in a long time. To be honest, it was much more walking than running. Couch to 5K, here I come! But none the less, it was great to be outside, listening to my audio book, convincing myself that I will be able to run more than a few minutes at a time if I keep this up. I am sure I was slightly inspired by the annual feeling of invincibility and impossible dreams come true that settles on each of us come January, but my biggest motivation to go out walk-running today was my new hat. It's a running hat that even has a hole for my little ponytail. It is my new favorite thing!

Me in my new hat- Monday, January 7.

So hopefully I will see you here more often than not over the season that has us all tucked away. And hopefully I'll be able to report I've been running. We'll see if the magic of the new hat lasts longer than my New Year's optimism usually does. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm on week 8. Jogged 28 minutes today. It is soooo easy when you follow c25k.

    ReplyDelete