Saturday, June 2, 2012

How Our Garden Does Grow and Two Pretty Maids in a Row

It's been hot and sunny, and in between, we've had lots of rain. Except for the two planters on my deck that are too heavy to move out in the rain, I haven't yet had to water a thing I have planted. I am getting spoiled and so are all my plants. We've had our first fruits and blooms this week, which is always such an exciting thing. I am still really amazed by what comes out of the little tiny seeds that we drop into the dirt. The amount of growth astounds me. I think the whole thing is a wonderfully fascinating mystery, and love watching the process almost as much as eating the fruits of it.

 I fretted all winter long about my hibiscus. He never seemed happy inside. But this week his first blooms opened up and I was very pleased to see this beautiful sign of life- Wednesday, May 30.

 Our first red raspberry. The bush was a new addition last year and is busy taking over my rhubarb box. I need to do some reading up on raspberries- Thursday, May 31.

 Strawberries, busy taking over the corner of another box- Thursday, May 31.

 The first cucumber blooms. Some of my favorite veggies in our patch- Thursday, May 31.

 Our magic beanstalk. Not long until we can visit the giant's castle- Thursday, May 31.

 Carrots- Thursday, May 31.

My zucchini plant. Shoo fly- Thursday, May 31. 


The girls have been enjoying their new home under one of our pine trees. I love watching them play together in their special little spot. I think it is so wonderful partly because I remember how fun it was to do the very same thing. I had one of those turtle sand boxes with the shell lid, and my friend Nicole and I would set up house underneath it as it sat propped up against a little red maple in our yard. Memories that still make me smile...



Sisters enjoying a space of imagination and laughter, busy making memories of their own - Thursday, May 31.


No comments:

Post a Comment