Monday, June 4, 2012

Winning Stuff on my Birthday

Last year if you would have asked me what I was getting for my birthday, I would have told you, "A Shelby Cobra." You see, I was convinced I was going to win one last year on my birthday. I'm not much for reading into things, but circumstances seemed to be lining up in just such a way that I could see myself sitting behind the wheel of a brand new, bright blue, signed Carroll Shelby Cobra. There was a drawing for just such a car (with a white racing stripe) being held last year, the winner being chosen on my birthday. This was no little raffle. My friend told me about it after driving past a billboard on the turnpike. The drawing has its own website- www.holynameshelby.com (You can check it out yourself. They just had this year's drawing and a guy from my town won. I'm happy for him, but sad for me). I thought for sure I would win the car that had my name being raffled off on my birthday, but I didn't. Some lady named Donna did. I was a little bitter, but I'm getting over it.

So today, as My Husband and I pulled away from the babysitter-manned house for a birthday dinner at the local seafood restaurant, he casually said, "Guess what I won today?" I had no clue. Had he asked me last year, I would have known the answer for certain, but we hadn't entered the raffle this year, the Cobra was red and the drawing was not on my birthday. When he could see I had no guesses, he told me. "An ipad." He went on to tell me the hows of his winning it from completing some accountant survey and that since he already has one and he won it on my birthday, he figured it would be a pretty sweet birthday surprise for me. I must say I agree. I won something on my birthday! Well, technically My Husband won something on my birthday and is giving it to me, but that's what birthdays are for- giving awesome things to people.

We went to Target after our dinner (I had crab legs- they were super amazing) and this is what I got-

 A cover for my new ipad (it's being sent to the recently confirmed winning address)- Monday, June 4.

And a really awesome Shelby Cobra shirt. This will most definitely help in my wait for the real thing- Monday, June 4.


The butter for my crab legs. Open flame, super melty. Yum- Monday, June 4.


A shot of the sky around 8:00 tonight. Though I don't remember, it was apparently a very rainy day on the June 4th I was born. It is also family legend that it has rained on nearly every June 4th since. This phenomenon has been true the past couple of years, but I was convinced as I took this photo that we had made it through a birthday with no rain. An hour later, however, it started to drizzle, just enough to leave drops on the sidewalk and to continue the streak of rainy birthdays. But today, even the raindrops made me smile- Monday, June 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment