Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Long Time, No See

It feels funny to sit and try to type something in this empty white space. I had gotten so used to photographing moments in my day and sitting to reflect in the face of my computer, that it had become an anticipated and enjoyable part of my days. But lately I just haven't felt like it. Inspiration has been illusive and pulling my camera out of my bag has turned back into a chore instead of a joy. I hate when I make decisions based on my feelings- a most fickle and unfaithful adviser, I know. But that is just what I have done. I've decided since I don't feel like capturing beauty in the midst of my days that I just won't. The sad part is, I'm missing so much of it. Beauty, that is. The beauty that stands just outside my window and inside the rooms of my home, silently declaring the faithfulness of God.

But yesterday we went exploring at one of our favorite places in Gettysburg. I almost didn't put my camera in my pack as we walked out the door, but a quick thought of leaving it behind made me feel a little sad, so I shoved it in next to the binoculars. I climbed with the kids for a little while, not thinking once about taking a picture of anything. But then the three of them worked together to squeeze themselves into a little opening in the rocks that was too small for mamma to get through. The sun was shining in so beautifully, highlighting the joy of their adventure, that I just had to get a picture.


So I did- Tuesday, April 10.


And just like that it was easy again to see images all around me. And I started smiling.

 A Redbud against a beautiful sky- Tuesday, April 10.


 The brave explorers- Tuesday, April 10.


 Rocks, trees, and sky- Tuesday, April 10.


 Some of us see a duck, some an alligator. Duckagator?- Tuesday, April 10.


 The girls on their way into the woods- Tuesday, April 10.


 One Way- Tuesday, April 10.


Looking through the center of the PA Monument- Tuesday, April 10.

I've forgotten how fast time goes by when I am taking and editing and posting pictures. It's well past time for me to make dinner and I've not even gotten to my pictures from today. So I'll pause and post, making my glad commitment to purpose to be inspired by the beauty that is ever around me.

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.-- Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment