Sunday, May 27, 2012

Babies

We met our new nephew today. I forgot my camera. We never forget the ipad. So here are some really grainy, horribly lit pictures of our visit.

 My Husband got to him first.

 The Oldest and his littlest cousin.

 Little One 'holding' the baby.

I finally got my turn.
Pictures compliments of First Grader
(which is why she is not in any of the pictures)- Sunday, May 27.


Here's Little One on the way to the hospital. Click on the picture to check out the trail of drool on her cheek- Sunday, May 27.


I've been busy watching another pair of babies for a few days now. I'm not sure they would technically still be called babies, I think they are actually 'juveniles', but babies sounds so much cuter. They are two mourning doves who have been spending much of their days on our back deck. I've been trying for a couple of days to get some pictures of them, but they are still sort of skittish.

 The usual response to my attempt at a photo.

Getting better. I actually got a couple of decent shots through the glass door.


 Later in the day I was able to settle down on the deck and take these pictures without inciting total panic in my new favorite birds. They didn't stop and pose like some of the older doves who call our back yard home, but they finally didn't turn tail and run. One walked slowly and steadily as deep into the farthest corner as possible, all while keeping a keen eye focused in my direction. The other quickly hopped up onto the railing, pondering a viable escape route. But I count it a victory- they didn't fly away. We are making progress- Saturday, May 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment