Monday, May 21, 2012

Three Things that Made me Chuckle

(I started this post two weeks ago, figuring I'd get back to it 'real soon'. Well, half of May has passed me by, but I am back.)

One.

So, I didn't actually look at the name of this cereal when I picked it up at the store. One of the kids had asked for Crunch Berries and the generic was cheaper than the name brand, so this is what I brought home. The picture told me it was what I was looking for. The name (when later pointed out in a thick mocking tone by My Husband) made me wonder if the people charged with the task of naming this cereal had spent all day giving their generic cereals clever names, so that when they got to this one they were clean out of good ideas, prompting them to turn their very important job of branding into a giant game of Madlibs. Take a minute and insert your own plural noun. I guarantee it will be better than the one they chose (*Reveal of the actual name at the end of the blog*).


Two.
This is a paper that Little One brought home from Sunday School. I am usually thankful for the papers that come home from church because they can sometimes help to clarify the details of the story that was actually taught in class. For example, one Sunday Little One came home telling us all about Jonah and the ark and the rainbow coat God sent for him to wear. The story was really about Noah. In all fairness, the picture on her paper from that day did have a big fish and a rainbow on it.  The paper pictured above, however, did very little to clear up what may have been taught in Sunday School. It contained no words other than the two seen in the picture. So we were left to assume that Little One learned the very important lesson that God loves doctors, moms, Michael Vick, and clowns. A little deep for preschoolers, but a valuable lesson at any age.


Three.
 This is a list that Little One wrote. I will interpret if you are not fluent in reading four year old pre-literate writing. It says, "1. POTTY  2. WASH HANDS  3. BRUSH TEETH  4. DRINK  5. PJS  6. BED."  Little One was having some pretty major issues with her bedtime routine. Heavy doses of stalling and sudden attacks of being unable to accomplish routine tasks were appearing quite frequently around 8:00pm. We decided we needed a plan to help her manage the few things she was supposed to be doing between walking up the steps and climbing into bed. So, we came up with a little list and I suggested making a chart. I envisioned pictures and maybe stickers or stars. She insisted on  "whiting a list."  So we  "wote a list."  Well, I dictated letters and she  "wote."  We hung it on the bathroom door. Seeing as Little One can not read, it hasn't been as effective as we had hoped, but it has provided some very amusing bathroom reading.


******************************
Really!!??- May 7, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment