Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Few Other Pictures

These are the last of the pictures I had saved in my 'pics i like' folder on my computer, which just means they are pictures I like from when I was messing around getting to know my camera. Well, all but the first two. They are pictures I took yesterday after I had already posted my pictures for the day. Yesterday was a great day for art.

The one and only glimpse of sunshine we had yesterday. I caught it while we were waiting in a parking lot to meet friends who were picking us up to go to a hockey game- Saturday, January 21.


 I took tons of shots of the hockey game. Had lots of fun messing around with the sports and burst settings. This one was during the pregame warm up. No special setting needed since these feet belonged to someone who was doing a great job of standing still. Which as I come to think of it, actually seems like quite an  accomplishment considering the fact that he is balancing on thin blades of metal on slippery ice- Saturday, January 21.


 This may be my favorite picture that I have taken so far with my camera. I love the lighting. I also love the subject- it is one of our nativity sets. The gift of a beautiful wooden set from Thailand started the bug to collect sets from different countries. This one is from Vietnam- Wednesday, November 30, 2011.


 Super zoom shot of the moon. No skill required, except that of being able to hold the zoom dial long enough to get this close. You can click on the picture to see more detail- Friday, December 9, 2011.


A picture of our keyboard sitting patiently in the middle of the living room as it waits for the Christmas tree to finally be put away so it can again rest in its favorite spot under the double windows- Wednesday, January 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment