Saturday, January 21, 2012

Surprise Snow

Pictures were easy to take today. We all woke up to an unexpected covering of snow. The last of the precipitation had been freezing rain, which covered everything with a perfect crust of ice. Footsteps crunched and bare branches glistened. A great day to be outside- Saturday, January 21.


Two pictures of my butterfly bush.


I loved how the snow and ice nestled down into the pine needles. I also liked the footprints in the background.


The muted look of the colors in this picture is what caught my eye. I think it is pretty.


I love this picture. But I must give credit where credit is due. I had stomped the heart outline into the snow, it was perfect footprint snow! When First Grader noticed it, she proceeded to arrange this picture. She put herself just so in the heart, posed, and fixed her gaze on somewhere far away. If she knew how to put the kid camera on a tripod and use the timer, she wouldn't have needed me at all. But I am glad I got to shoot it and that she still needs me, at least until she figures out how to use the tripod!

No comments:

Post a Comment