Saturday, January 21, 2012

Inspiration

I got a new camera for an early Christmas present. While I love taking pictures with it, I apparently have loved a lot of other things a whole lot more since then. I have a friend who got the very same camera for an early Christmas present and she has out shot me by thousands of images I am sure. She has purposed to take a picture of the day, chronicling her life for a year through images. Her shots are great and her commentary hilarious. I would post the link to her blog, but I should ask her before I do. I am not sure the target audience of her witty musings. I receive her blog posts in my inbox and look forward to reading them with my morning cup of coffee or smoothie. As I was reading her blog one day, I realized I needed something to inspire (or force) me to pick up my camera at least for a few moments each day. I went on with no plan, but last Friday morning I awoke to inspiration. I had somehow managed to wake up before all three of the kids, Hubby had already left for work and I found myself alone in a quiet house. When I opened the curtains to our back deck, I was greeted by the beginnings of a beautiful sunrise. So, I pulled on a coat over my PJs and headed out into the back yard. By the time I remembered to pop back in the house to be sure everybody was still sleeping, I realized my fingers were so cold I couldn't feel them. I had gotten sucked in. I do love having a camera in my hand. There is just something about seeing the world through the lens of a camera- beauty seems to burst forth from the most unexpected places. This is my favorite shot from that quiet early morning.


It became the inspiration for an idea, an idea that led to a simple plan to put my camera in my hands at least once a day in order to find something beautiful in the midst of life. I wish I had time for elaborate photo shoots, but for now, I'm glad for a simple idea that has already exposed beauty set before me I would otherwise have overlooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment