Saturday, January 21, 2012

Since Then

Pictures I've taken since the sunrise.

One of our turtle doves. A pair has lived in our back yard since we moved in almost nine years ago. I hadn't seen any this winter until last Saturday morning when I spotted this one enjoying the early morning sun on the swing set- Saturday, January 14.


Cupcakes for a special little girl's fourth birthday- Sunday January 15.


The day had gone by (a cold day, hence the hat inside), kids almost ready for bed when I realized I had not taken a picture! With terrible lighting in all of our house, I settled for a zoomed in reflection. I like the beveled glass at the edge- Monday, January 16.


A rainy morning gave way to a beautiful, sunny day with puddles everywhere. My goal was to take a picture of the sky in one of those puddles. I didn't get it here, but was happy with the sparkles that I did capture- Tuesday, January 17.



The puddles all gone, I challenged myself to catch a cloud and pin it down somewhere. Two I liked- the windows of the van and the kitchen faucet- Wednesday, January 17.


 Waiting for First Grader's ride to school, this is the condensation on the window. I think the dust on the windowsill caught the soft light just beautifully.
This is a small section of the condensation from the picture above- Thursday, January 18.


Again waiting until all natural light had gone from the sky I was left to shoot something inside. So I pulled out a bunch of citrus fruit and got started. The fish is my spoon rest, probably the thing I love most in my kitchen. Why fish and fruit? Fruit by itself was just too boring- Friday, January 20.





No comments:

Post a Comment