Saturday, February 18, 2012

Great Day

I have lots of pictures today, so I'll let my words be few. We started out tromping around in the woods behind my parents' house, then I moved on to exploring the rest of the yard from behind my camera, and we all wrapped things up at the local bowling alley. We had a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable day.

The Oldest. I love the sunlight on his hair- Saturday, February 18.


Little One and First Grader pausing in their explorations just long enough for me to take a picture. Little One said she needed to keep her eyes warm. Who cares about being able to see, as long as your eyeballs don't get cold- Saturday, February 18.


 A White Birch- Saturday, February 18.


These trees grow in a little line that always makes me want to break into song. Specifically the opening song from The Sound of Music, the one where Maria is up in the mountains when she's supposed to be at church. At one point she weaves through a clump of White Birch trees while singing, "My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds that fly from the lake to the trees. My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies from a church on a breeze." Feel free to sing along if you know it-Saturday, February 18.


First Grader spotted the moss heart at the base of this twin tree- Saturday, February 18.


A hint of Spring- Saturday, February 18.


 Seeing the forest and the tree- Saturday, February 18.


This is the same mighty giant from the previous picture. He really is just a cute little sprig of a tree. Messing around with perspective is so fun- Saturday, February 18.


Pretty gold, curly grasses- Saturday, February 18.


 Bowling shoes are so much cuter on little feet- Saturday, February 18.


 I loved the bright colors and the reflection at the end of the alley- Saturday, February 18.


Fortunately these shots were pretty easy to take. First, Little One lugged her bowling ball to the foul line. Then she swung back with two hands between her legs and let the ball rip at a whopping .98 mph. (Yes, there was a radar gun on the alley). All I had to do was stand there and wait. I never realized just how long a bowling lane is until today- Saturday, February 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment