Saturday, February 11, 2012

Breakfast

This is a picture of my breakfast smoothie. I could have poured it into a fancy glass and added a sprig of something for a better picture, but the real beauty of this is that I can mix and drink the smoothie in the very same cup. Just insert straw.

The item lying on the counter in the background is a blender stick. I don't actually know its real name; in our house it has come to be known as the blender stick. I got it for Christmas and I LOVE it! I didn't, however, love any of the pictures I took of the smoothie-blender stick scene this morning. There was something wrong with every one- too much space between the cup and the blender stick, shadows too dark, light too blue, background not blurred. I could go on, but I won't. I actually liked the composition in this image, except for one major thing. I didn't close the curtain in the background and so I had an annoying slice of light along the back left edge and a shiny corner of counter under the blender stick. I couldn't just crop it out because then I lost part of the blender stick and the whole thing looked off. So, I went to work in P.S.E. creating more curtain and dulling the shine on the counter- Saturday, February 11.


This is the picture right out of the camera. To get to the image above, I cropped this one, adjusted the color, and messed around with the clone stamping tool to close the curtain and get rid of the shine that would not have been on the counter if I had thought to shut the curtain in the first place. And I did all of this while enjoying my wonderful breakfast smoothie- Saturday, February 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment