Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Turning Off Half of My Brain

The idea of turning off half of my brain, especially in the late afternoon when I am not sure how much of my brain is still firing at full capacity, is a scary idea. But that is just what I did for a few moments today. We've got this book called Art for Kids: Drawing (The Only Book You'll Ever Need to Be the Artist You've Always Wanted to Be). I got it for the kids, as hinted at in the title, but have been enjoying it quite a bit myself. Today's focus was on engaging the right brain and getting the left brain to take a back seat. I found out this can actually be done pretty easily with a couple of neat tricks. To be honest, I think my left brain was more than happy to take a few minutes rest this afternoon. The photos that follow show the fruit of my right brain at work.

This is an Upside Down Drawing. Pretty self-explanatory. You draw something upside down so that you draw what you actually see instead of what your left brain thinks you see- Tuesday, February 7.


Here he is right side up- Tuesday, February 7.


This is a picture of the next assignment in the book. It's called Abstract Magic. The task is to draw the images in the four squares just as you see them.


Then you cut them apart, piece them together, and they make an abstract face. Magic!- Tuesday, February 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment