Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Settling for a Sunset

I've missed it twice now. And I'm really not too happy about the whole thing. Two times I have driven by an amazing bare tree that has a couple of gnarly branches sticking out the top of it. Both times there have been three vultures perched on top of those gnarly branches, just waiting to have their picture taken. The first time I had my camera, but no time to stop. Today when I drove by I had plenty of time, but no camera! Arghh. I even bought a purse big enough to hold my camera bag, so I would never find myself in such a situation. My purse actually was sitting on the front seat, doing a great job of holding my camera bag, just no camera in the bag. So the second time, since there was nowhere I had to be, I turned around, full steam ahead to grab my camera. But by the time I returned to photograph the vultures, the tree was empty. I am guessing someone must have run over a squirrel or something for them to have flown from their perch. Oh well. There's always tomorrow. So today, I settle for a sunset picture. At least there are trees in it.

Sunset looking out from Conewago Chapel- Wednesday, February 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment