Monday, February 27, 2012

Hair by Little One

Little One went to bed last night with her hair smoothly twisted in three braids. When she climbed into my bed this morning, it looked as though she had first stopped to stick her finger in a light socket on the way. Sometime between bedtime songs and kisses last night and her arising with the first rays of this morning's sun, she had figured out how to completely undo two of her braids. When I asked her what happened to her hair, she looked at me indignantly, like I had offended the master of a great work of art, and told me she couldn't finish it because her arms didn't reach her 'nuther braid. Oh, yes, I thought, it would have looked much better if only you could have reached that 'nuther braid.

Little One with a style all her own, well two-thirds her own- Monday, February 27.


First Grader couldn't pass up the lovely sliver of light I had cornered Little One into for the hair photos- Monday, February 27.


She snuggled down on the hard kitchen floor with blanket and book. I can't blame her, I love warm sunshine streaming in the house. Too bad in our house this only ever occurs in the kitchen. Maybe instead of the island I have been considering, we'll just bring in a big, comfy chair with lots of pillows and blankets- Monday, February 27.


Little One after an emergency comb-out and style, all ready for preschool. I look forward to the day when she can do her own hair, but we'll wait on that for a while. Quite a while, I believe- Monday, February 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment